Want To Protect Your Pulp & Paper Manufacturing Equipment?
Metal coatings of an industrial nature are extremely useful in a variety of applications involving the pulp and paper manufacturing industry. These coatings can extend the working of components and equipment as well as improving performance in the paper and pulp manufacturing process. Resultantly, cost-effectiveness and overall efficiency in your plant are boosted.
The Use Of Machinery In the Paper and Pulp Manufacturing Industry
This manufacturing industry, in particular, puts all of the machinery involved through an excessive range of operational hazards. Some of the perils that can typically affect machinery in the paper and pulp manufacturing industry include the following:
- Sliding wear
- Excessive heat
However, the correct protective coating can offer industrial solutions that will not only provide the utmost in defense for your equipment but meet any and all precision requirements. Many thermal spray services can be done either on-site or off-site. They can also include carbide traction surfacing, traction and release thermal spray surfacing, and more.
Applications For Industrial Metal Coating
In regard to components used in paper and pulp manufacturing, metal coatings can be useful for any and all components, parts, machinery, and various manners of equipment. Converting and winding equipment that can benefit from the thermal spray process are as follows:
- Slitter rolls
- Pull rolls
- Traction rolls
- Rider rolls
- Guide rolls including sheeter drums
- Winder drums including ink transfer rolls, applicator rolls, and carbon fiber rolls
- Grip release surfaces
Coater and dryer sections that can benefit from the thermal spray process are as follows:
- Paper carrying rolls
- Idler rolls
- Coater rolls
- Suction rolls
- Rolls journals
- Felt rolls
- Dryer cans
And there are miscellaneous other components that can benefit from the thermal spray process which are as follows:
- Pump components
- Seal surfaces
- Tapers/bearing surfaces
- Ink/glue pans
Pulp and Paper Industry Solutions
Thermal spray coatings can avail companies involved in the pulp and paper industry through a plethora of benefits from coating properties which can include traction, cleanability, low coefficient of friction, corrosion resistance, and wear resistance. Here is a breakdown of advantages:
- Corrosion is a major factor in the pulp and paper industry. The correct thermal spray process will help protect against corrosion but can also be used to recondition and repair worn-out and corroded components.
- Many components in the pulp and paper industry are subject to excessive wear but additionally have exceedingly specific requirements for surface finishes. The thermal spray process offers high-tech and precise methods, surface finishes, and materials to support the specific requirements of the industry and its machines. And, the process can be set to repeat the exacting requirements flawlessly.
- Due to frequent contact and abrasion, parts and components in the pulp and paper industry quickly wear out. But HVOF and Plasma Thermal Spray Coating processes, which are highly specialized, can offer protection and wear resistance, thereby increasing the lifespan of your company’s valuable components and parts.
Whether your slitter rolls or your winder drums need our thermal spray process, A&A Coatings can increase the lifespan of your equipment and the efficiency of your operation. The pulp and paper industry has unique needs which we can and have been filling for years. See what our experience and expertise can do for you and your company.