Need To Use Ceramic Powder Materials For Thermal Spray Applications?
When it comes to manufacturing industrial equipment and related components, the use of advanced ceramic powders such as white alumina ceramic powder (suited for plasma spraying) is a must. In today’s times, performance and efficiency standards are constantly rising. Just like other thermal spraying powder materials, ceramic powder materials play a role – that’s becoming increasingly critical – in protecting your parts against premature wear and heat damage. The importance of applying thermal sprayed ceramics – especially when spraying metallic substrates – cannot be underestimated as it has been proven to enhance surface properties: Increased corrosion and wear resistance; and electrical insulation – just to name a few.
What Coating Processes are Ceramic Powder Materials Optimized for?
When we manufacture our powder materials, we often ensure that their particle size distributions are optimized for various coating processes such as:
- PS-PVD: Plasma Spray-Physical Vapor Deposition
- Combustion Powder Thermospray
- APS: Atmospheric Powder Spray
In addition, we strategically manufacture our ceramics to best suit the desired application; we can supply the TBC in two different formats:
- Thick TBC coatings with high porosity: Sintered and agglomerated powders
- Coatings with standard porosity and prepped for high deposit-efficiency applications: Densified (spherical) and agglomerated powders
A List of Base Chemistries that Ceramic Powders Have
At A&A Coatings, we manufacture, stock and supply ceramic powder materials with base chemistries that include:
- Combination chemistries
- LSM: Lanthanum Strontium Manganite
- YSZ: Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia
Thermal Spraying Applications of Ceramic Powder Materials
When it comes to thermal spray applications, our ceramic powder materials undergo a vast number of uses. Below are some of the common ones:
- Mechanical seals
- Hydraulic cylinders
- Metal casting troughs
- Biomedical implants
- Fiber and thread guides (present in textile manufacturing)
- Sputter targets (these are used in Physical Vapor Deposition coating applications)
- Oxygen sensors
- Doctor blades
- Corrugating rollers
- Calendar rollers
- Corona rolls
- Anilox rolls
- Aircraft thermal barrier coatings
- Industrial gas turbine combustion liners, vanes, and blades
- Cylinders and valves in automotives
- Pistons in diesel engines
The A&A Coatings Advantage
Founded in 1944, A&A Coatings manufactures a diverse range of advanced powders. From high-purity yttrium and aluminum coatings to thermal barrier coating powders (with low thermal conductivity), we are the trusted partner of many organizations who have small- and large-scale needs. In addition, we have advanced R&D capabilities that have for many years allowed us to develop new coatings and powders for a wide variety of challenging operating conditions. What’s more, we have access to flexible and expert resources that enable us to tailor our equipment according to your unique and specific production requirements. With that in mind, you can be sure that our metallic bond coat materials can work effectively in any service conditions and substrates.
If you wish to learn more about the diversity and flexibility of our resources or want to develop a complete coating system, do not hesitate to talk to us today!