RFI/EMI Shielding Coating Solutions From A&A Coatings
RFI/EMI shielding coatings are coatings meant to completely discourage radio frequency and electromagnetic interference in a number of industries such as medical industries, telecommunications, and electronics. That, however, doesn’t even begin to cover it.
Though RFI/EMI shielding coating is used in a wide array of applications, it is particularly useful in the health and medical industry. As an example, this type of coating is used for the protection of biomedical devices. It protects them from EMI (electromagnetic interference) and RFI (radio frequency interference). RFI and EMI coatings are usable with virtually all substrates. This can include carbon-fiber composite and carbon-carbon composites. Another health-related application for these coatings for advanced RFI/EMI protection is the typically utilized light-weight electronic enclosures. These appear in healthcare facilities and biomedical research labs.
This type of biocompatible coating service has been hailed for its usefulness in the area of implant prosthetics. The medical world would be in dire straits were it not for the availability and use of today’s advanced technology prosthetics being implanted in patients every day. Bioactive coatings such as these use materials that are highly specialized. Pure titanium and hydroxyapatite are commonly used on implant parts.
RFI/EMI – A Conductive Coating
RFI/EMI shielding coating is used for its conductivity among other things. Why is conductive coating so essential? The following is a list of some of the advantages of RFI/EMI conductive coatings:
- RFI/EMI coatings meet specific conditions which are considered environmental – i.e., salt spray and humidity
- Particularly at contact points, significant abrasion resistance is offered
- The ability to control the coating and apply it in a uniform thickness is a distinct advantage
- Offers electromagnetic conductivity that is reliably consistent
- Exceptional point-to-point resistivity
- The ability to use silver, copper, nickel, or graphite, offers pricing flexibility
The Many Faces of RFI/EMI Conductive Coating Spray
Numerous markets and industries, as well as a plethora of components, benefit from the use of RFI/EMI shielding coating. The following is a brief list of applications:
- Recording, Cable, TV, Radio
- Audio Video and Home Electronics
- Control Systems and Instrumentation
- Electronic Office Equipment
- Health and Medical
- Aerospace and Aviation
- Data Processing and Computers
- Telecommunications and Communications
RFI/EMII Bonus Points
As just stated, RFI/EMI shielding coating solutions are used in many applications. But it is also used where the following are important:
- Multiple functional design flexibility in molded plastic parts
- High volume production that is cost-effective
- Part to part repeatability that needs to be precise
A&A Coatings has 70 years of experience in working together with companies and industries in need. We are here for one reason – our clients. Contact usto see what we can do to help you through our RFI/EMI shielding coatings. Should you have other concerns, needs, or questions, our reliable customer service staff is here to serve you. Call or email today!