Plasma Zirconia, Titania, Yttria Composite
A&A Coatings zirconia, titania, yttria composite powder when plasma sprayed produces high density ceramic coatings which exhibit a unique combination of wear and thermal properties.
Coatings of this type exhibit excellent:
- Scuff wear resistance against cast iron and hard chrome plate with low friction and low ring wear in LFW adhesive (piston ring simulation) testing.
- High temperature hardness (1095°C, 2000°F).
- Sulfidation, chlorinization – sodium hot corrosion resistance
- High temperature (1095°C, 2000°F) air oxidation resistance
- High temperature (925°C,1700°F) particle erosion resistance
- Thermal shock properties when quenched from 1095°C (2000°F) by both air andwater quenches.
No other ceramic coating exhibits this unique combination of properties.This material recommended for applications on automotive and diesel rings, crowns, cylinder liners, exhaust valves, valve stems and turbine blades.
Material Powder Characteristics
|Typical Composition:||Zirconium Oxide 72%|
Titanium Dioxide 18%
Yttrium Oxide 10%
|Typical Size Range:||-200 mesh +5 microns|
|Melting Point:||2535°C (4600°F)|
Physical Properties of Coating Physical Properties of Coating
|Texture, as sprayed, (microinches aa):||250 – 350|
|Finish, ground (microinches aa):||10 – 15|
|Cross-Sectional Hardness (DPH300):||600 – 700|
|Coating Weight (lb/ft2/.001″):||.027|
|Bonding (on grit blasted low carbon steel):||5000psi|
|Maximum Surface Temperature||980°C (1800°F)|
A&A Coatings Plasma Sprayed Zirconia, Titania, Yttria can be applied to most substrates which have been cleaned to remove surface oxides. This cleaning is accomplished with a light grit blast. Additionally, a “Bond coat” is required in some cases. Please contact us for substrate specific requirements
A&A Coatings Plasma Sprayed Zirconia, Titania, Yttria is finished by grinding. Excellent finishes have been obtained utilizing 60 grit silicon carbide and 150 grit diamond wheels. Wet grinding is recommended over dry grinding.